Planning a trip comes with lots of decisions. Flights need to be booked, an itinerary will need to be made and you’ll need a rental car when you get there. There are benefits to renting a car while on vacation, but with anything, there are some serious disadvantages that come with it too.
Pros of Car Rental
1. Convenience. With so many rental companies out there, it’s convenient to rent a vehicle. Every airport has lots of options, offering special rates to compete with one another. This can get you a great deal.
2. Affordability. Assuming you’re renting a standard vehicle, the overall price will be about the same among different companies. The more competition the better, but as with anything you buy, you get what you pay for, so you may not be getting the best transportation available at such a low price.
3. Vehicle Choice. Rental companies often have a variety of vehicles. But keep in mind, you are not always guaranteed the vehicle you picked when you booked it. There may be a downgrade or an upgrade depending on availability.
Cons of Renting a Vehicle
1. Safety and insurance. When it comes to renting a vehicle, there are lots insurance options available. If you should have an accident, you may very well be responsible for the damages to the vehicle and the other vehicle involved in the accident. On the other hand, you may end up paying for extra insurance that you don’t really need. Always read the fine print regarding insurance information before you purchase the policy.
2. Navigation. New cities can become overwhelming when you don’t know where you’re going. Navigation systems are great, but they can be distracting as you’re forced to look at your phone or navigation screen. This can cause accidents.
3. Parking fees. When you rent a car it’s just like driving your own when it comes to parking fees. Depending on your vacation and the things you have planned, this can add up quickly. Most cities charge for downtown parking and special events make it impossible to avoid the fees.
4. Rules in other countries. Renting a vehicle abroad gets even more tricky. Different countries have different rules that can be confusing with international road signs and foreign language interpretation.
Limousine Service & More in Imperial, Mehlville, Oakville, Arnold, Liguori & Greater St. Louis, Missouri
Renting a vehicle seems like the right choice as far as budget and needs but the cons can outweigh the pros. When you hire a chauffeur service, you can eliminate all the cons to ensure a smooth vacation without having to worry about navigating a new city. You will have complete peace of mind when all your transportation is taken care of. Consider booking a chauffeur service for your next vacation instead of renting a vehicle. Eagle Limousine & Chauffeur Service strives for customer satisfaction and can provide you with a fabulous experience. Give us a call today!